English Neoclassical Painter, 1755-1834
Thomas Sully Thomas Sully
1783-1872 Thomas Sully Galleries
Thomas Trotter Thomas Trotter
British 1756-1803
Thomas Uwins Thomas Uwins
English Painter, 1782-1857
Thomas Webster Thomas Webster
(March 10, 1800 - September 23, 1886), was an English genre painter, who lived for many years at the artists' colony in Cranbrook. Webster was born in Ranelagh Street, Pimlico, London. His father was a member of the household of George III, and the son, having shown an aptitude for music, became a chorister, first at St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle, then the Chapel Royal at St. James's Palace in London. He abandoned music for painting, however, and in 1821 was admitted as a student to the Royal Academy, exhibiting, in 1824, portraits of "Mrs Robinson and Family." In the following year he won first prize in the school of painting. In Sickness and Health (1843)In 1825, also, Webster exhibited 'Rebels shooting a Prisoner,' at the Suffolk Street Gallery - the first of a series of pictures of schoolboy life for which he subsequently became known - . In 1828 he exhibited 'The gunpowder Plot' at the Royal Academy, and in 1829 'The Prisoner' and 'A Foraging Party aroused' at the British Institution. These were followed by numerous other pictures of school and village life at both galleries. In 1840 Webster was elected an associate of the Royal Academy (ARA), and in 1846 a Royal Academician (RA) academician. He continued to be a frequent exhibitor till 1876, when he retired from the academy. He exhibited his own portrait in 1878, and 'Released from School,' his last picture, in 1879. In 1856 Webster was photographed at 'The Photographic Institute', London, by Robert Howlett, as part of a series of portraits of 'fine artists'. The picture was among a group exhibited at the Art Treasures Exhibition in Manchester in 1857. From 1835 to 1856 Webster resided at The Mall, Kensington, but the last thirty years of his life were spent at the artists' colony in Cranbrook, Kent, where he died on 23 Sept. 1886.
Thomas Whitcombe Thomas Whitcombe
British 1760-1824
Thomas whittle,jun Thomas whittle,jun
FL.1865-1885
Thomas Wilmer Dewing Thomas Wilmer Dewing
1851-1938 Thomas Wilmer Dewing Gallery
THORNHILL, Sir James THORNHILL, Sir James
English painter (b. 1676, Melcombe Regis, d. 1734, Weymouth).
Thornton Oakley Thornton Oakley
an illustrator,American , 1881-1953
thorvald niss thorvald niss
Født i Assens 07.05.1842, død Frederiksberg 11.05.1905, maler Det Kgl. Danske Kunstakademi 1861-1869, afbrudt af frivillig deltagelse i krigen 1864. Otto Baches atelier i 1870'erne
threshing wheat threshing wheat
early sixteenth century. paris. muse'e des arts de'coratifs
THULDEN, Theodor van THULDEN, Theodor van
Flemish Baroque Era Painter, 1606-1669
Thure de Thulstrup Thure de Thulstrup
Famous for paintings of American colonial life. American , 1848-1930
TIBALDI, Pellegrino TIBALDI, Pellegrino
Italian Painter, 1527-1596
Tiberio Tinelli Tiberio Tinelli
Italian Baroque Era Painter, 1586-1638
Tiberio Titi Tiberio Titi
Italy (1573 -1627 ) - Painter
tidemand tidemand
Tidemand kom vid 17 års ålder till Köpenhamns konstakademi, studerade där i fem år, tänkte sedan utbilda sig till historiemålare i Munchen, men valde i stället på en kamrats råd Dusseldorf till studieort och reste dit 1837. Han blev elev av Theodor Hildebrandt, men tog tidigare intryck av Carl Friedrich Lessings relativt realistiska historiemåleri. Hans första större målning behandlade ett svenskt ämne, Gustaf Vasa talar till dalkarlarna vid Mora (1841). Målningen inköptes av Rhens och Westfalens konstförening samt förskaffade Tidemand ett resestipendium från Norge och beställning på en altartavla till Vor Freisers kirke i Kristiania. Han reste sedan till Munchen och Italien, återvände till Norge på ett kort besök sommaren 1842, gjorde en studieresa i fjälltrakterna för att samla material till en påtänkt fosterländsk historiemålning, men kom nu till klarhet över sitt mål. Han ville, som han själv yttrat, skildra detta kraftiga naturfolks karaktär seder och vanor. Hans första tavla i detta syfte var Sagoberätterskan 1844, inköptes av drottning Josefina och förskaffade konstnären medlemskap av svenska konstakademien. Efter nya studieresor i Norge målade han Söndagskväll i Hardanger köptes av Oscar I, på slottet i Kristiania och Gudstjänst i en landskyrka. Han bosatte sig 1845 på allvar i Dusseldorf och vann snart ett namn genom de norska bondelivsbilderna. Samma år målade Tidemand i samarbete med Hans Fredrik Gude den romantiska Brudefärden i Hardanger. Revolutionsoroligheterna hade vid denna tid drivit de norske konstnärerna hem till Norge, och det såg ut, som skulle konsten nu bli rotfäst i hemlandet. Impulsen till en nationell konst gavs, men då lugn åter inträdde, återvände konstnärerna till utlandet. Under de närmaste åren målade Tidemand för det av Oscar I uppförda lilla lustslottet Oskarshal, som pryddes av uteslutande norska konstverk, serien Norskt bondeliv. Hans sista arbete var förstudier till en aldrig utförd historiemålning, Kristian IV grundlägger Kristiania, beställd av Oscar II. Tidemand skapade även tre altartavlor. I samarbete med Gude målade han Afton på Kröderen (1849), Ljustring (1850), Likfärd på Sognefjorden (1853), Fiskare i fara (1859), med Sophus Jacobsen Lappar på renjakt (1873) och med Morten M??ller Sinclairs landstigning i Romsdalen (1875). Han blev av sin samtid hyllad som Norges främsta representativa konstnär. Hans betydelse ligger i att han i sin konst gav uttryck åt det nationella uppvaknandet i sitt hemland. På samma gång föreställde han det norska folket för den stora allmänheten i utlandet. I Tyskland betraktades han som en av de främsta representanter i samtidens konst. Han fick många utmärkelser såväl i Tyskland som i Paris och i England, och hans arbeten såldes till höga pris. Sina mest omtyckta målningar upprepade han med tillhjälp av flera medhjälpare gång på gång, några i ända till 12 exemplar. Många av hans arbeten är återgivna i kopparstick och litografi. L. Dietrichson utgav Adolph Tidemand, hans liv og hans værker (2 delar, 1878-79).
TIEPOLO, Giovanni Domenico TIEPOLO, Giovanni Domenico
Italian painter, Venetian school (b. 1727, Venezia, d. 1804, Venezia).
Tilly Kettle Tilly Kettle
(1735-1786) was a portrait painter and the first English painter to work in India. He was born in London, the son of a coach painter, in a family that had been members of the Brewers' Company of freemen for five generations. He studied drawing with William Shipley in the Strand and first entered professional portraiture in the 1750s. Kettle's first series of portraits appeared in the 1760s. His first surviving painting is a self-portrait from 1760, with his first exhibit at the Society of Artists in 1761. In 1762, he worked at restoring Robert Streater's ceiling fresco in the Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford, and painted Francis Yarborough, a doctor of Brasenose College, Oxford in 1763. He painted many members of the family of William Legge, 2nd Earl of Dartmouth. In 1764-5, he was active in London and continued exhibiting at the Society of Artists. In 1768, Kettle sailed to India with the British East India Company, landing at Madras (now Chennai), where he remained for two years. There, he painted Lord Pigot and Muhammad Ali Kahn twice (once alone and once with five of his sons). He also painted non-portraits, including Dancing Girls (Blacks) in 1772 and a suttee scene in 1776 entitled, The ceremony of a gentoo woman taking leave of her relations and distributing her jewels prior to ascending the funeral pyre of her deceased husband. In 1770 Kettle painted a half-length portrait of 'Sir' Levett Hanson, a peripatetic writer on European knighthood and chivalry originally from Yorkshire. (The portrait is now in the collection of the Bury St Edmunds Manor House Museum.) Kettle moved on to Calcutta (now Kolkata) in 1771 and painted Shuja ud-Daula and Dancing-Girl Holding the Stem of a Hookah. In 1775,he painted George Bogle, Warren Hastings' emissary to Tibet, in Tibetan dress, presenting a ceremonial white scarf to Lobsang Yeshe the 5th Panchen Lama.He also took an Indian mistress and had two daughters by her.
Tim Verfaillie Tim Verfaillie
(Brugge, 14 January 1893 - Rochefort, 1934) was Belgian painter who was one of the smaller figures of Flemish expressionism. In his younger days he travelled through the Scottish Highlands. The atmosphere he witnessed there would remain an important influence in his work.
Tina Blau Tina Blau
1845 Wien ?C 1916 Wien
Tintoretto Tintoretto
Italian Mannerist Painter, ca.1518-1594
TINTORETTO, Jacopo TINTORETTO, Jacopo
Birth Year:, 1518. Death Year:, 1594
TISCHBEIN, Johann Heinrich Wilhelm TISCHBEIN, Johann Heinrich Wilhelm
German Painter, 1751-1829
Tito Agujari Tito Agujari
Italian, 1834-1908
Tito Lessi Tito Lessi
Italian artist, 1858-1917
Tivadar Kosztka Csontvary Tivadar Kosztka Csontvary
born 1853 - d. 1919) was a Hungarian painter. He was one of the first Hungarian painters to become well known in Europe. Csontvery was born on 5 July 1853 in Kisszeben, Seros County, Kingdom of Hungary (today Sabinov, Slovakia), and died 20 June 1919 in Budapest. His ancestors were Poles who settled down in Hungary. Although Csontvery was obsessed with his Magyar roots, he himself grew up speaking Slovak mixed with German. He was a pharmacist until his twenties. On a hot sunny afternoon, 13 October 1880, e when he was 27 years old e he experienced a mystic vision. He heard a voice saying "you will be the greatest sunway painter, greater than Raphael!" He took journeys around Europe, visited the galleries of the Vatican, then went home to collect money for his journeys working as an apothecary. From 1890 onwards he traveled around the world. He visited Paris, the Mediterraneum (Dalmatia, Italy, Greece), North Africa and the Middle East (Lebanon, Palestine, Egypt, Syria) and painted pictures. He painted his major works between 1903 and 1909. He had some exhibitions in Paris (1907) and Western Europe. Most of the critics in Western Europe recognized his abilities, art and congeniality, but in the Kingdom of Hungary during his life he was considered to be an eccentric crank for several reasons, e. g. for his vegetarianism, anti-alcoholism, anti-nicotinism, pacifism, his latent, but more and more apparent schizophrenia and his cloudy, prophetic writings and pamphlets about his life (Curriculum), genius (The Authority, The Genius) and religious philosophy (The Positivum). Even though later he was acclaimed, during his lifetime Csontvery's visionary, expressionistic style found little understanding. A loner by nature, the master's mental balance was upset by his efailuree impairing his creative power. Little did he know that some years after his death, an entire museum in Paris, Hungary, would be devoted to his paintings, and that worldwide appreciation of his works would be in constant ascendancy. Many painters, e.g. Picasso added a stone to Csontvery's cairn.
TIZIANO Vecellio TIZIANO Vecellio
Italian painter, Venetian school (b. 1490, Pieve di Cadore, d. 1576, Venezia).
Tobias Stimmer Tobias Stimmer
(7 April 1539 - 4 January 1584) was a Swiss painter and illustrator. His most famous work is the paintings on the Strasbourg astronomical clock. He died in Strasbourg. He was born in Schaffhausen, and was active in Schaffhausen, Strasbourg and Baden-Baden as a wall and portrait painter. He made a great number of drawings for woodcuts (Bible scenes, allegories, etc.) which were published by the printer Sigmund Feyerabend in Frankfurt am Main, and Bernhart Jobin in Strasbourg. Stimmer followed Hans Holbein the Younger, but developed his own mannerism. Among his wall paintings remain the "House zum Ritter" in Schaffhausen, although this was actually much restored and changed.
Tobias Verhaecht Tobias Verhaecht
(Antwerp, 1561 - 1631) was a painter and draughtsman active in Antwerp, Florence and Rome. Primarily a landscape painter, his style is indebted to mannerist world landscapes of artists like Joachim Patinir with high viewpoints, fantastic distant perspectives and three-colour scheme. Before Verhaecht entered Antwerp's guild of St. Luke in 1590-91, he had already spent time in Italy, first in Florence, and then as a fresco painter in Rome. Peter Paul Rubens, who was a relative by marriage, studied with him around 1592, and another student was his own son, Willem van Haecht. Verhaecht is also known for his designs for prints.
Tobias Verhaeght Tobias Verhaeght
1561-1631
Tom Mostyn Tom Mostyn
British 1864-1930
Tom roberts Tom roberts
British-born Australian Painter, 1856-1931
Tom Thomson Tom Thomson
(August 5, 1877 - July 8, 1917), also known as Tom Thomson, was an influential Canadian artist of the early 20th century. He directly influenced a group of Canadian painters that would come to be known as the Group of Seven, and though he died before they formally formed, he is sometimes incorrectly credited as being a member of the group itself. Thomson died under mysterious circumstances, which added to his mystique.
TOMMASO DA MODENA TOMMASO DA MODENA
Italian Painter, ca.1325-1379
Tommaso Minardi Tommaso Minardi
1787-1871
Tommaso Ruiz Tommaso Ruiz
Active in Naples during the second half of the 18th Century
TORRENTIUS, Johannes TORRENTIUS, Johannes
Dutch painter (b. 1589, Amsterdam, d. 1644, Amsterdam).
toulouse-lautrec toulouse-lautrec
Fils d'Alphonse, comte Alphonse de Toulouse-Lautrec-Monfa (1838-1913) et d'Adele Tapie de Celeyran (1841-1930), il grandit entre Albi, le chateau du Bosc (demeure de ses grands-parents) et le chateau de Celeyran. Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec est ne dans l'une des plus vieilles familles de France, descendant en effet en droite ligne des comtes de Toulouse, qui furent jusqu'au XIIIe si??cle parmi les plus puissants feodaux du royaume. Cependant, cette branche cadette, malgre son nom illustre, ne vit que comme une famille aisee de l'aristocratie de province.
TOURNIER, Nicolas TOURNIER, Nicolas
French Baroque Era Painter, 1590-ca.1638
Tranquillo Cremona Tranquillo Cremona
Italian Painter , 1837-1878
TRAVERSI, Gaspare TRAVERSI, Gaspare
Italian Painter, ca.1722-1770
Trigoulet Eugene Trigoulet Eugene
French ,1867-Berck-sur-Mer 1910
TROOST, Cornelis TROOST, Cornelis
Dutch painter (b. 1697, Amsterdam, d. 1750, Amsterdam).

Föregående  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   NÄSTA

Porslinet Engros- Olja Måleriet Stomme Engros- Stomme Olja Måleriet Engros- Spegel Engros- Mögel Kinesisk Bild inrätta Porslinet Olja Måleriet
KOMMA I KONTAKT MED Oss